Thursday, May 01, 2014

Bones Blacking I

Finally the day came for the boat to come out of the water for works.

P1040450

P1040454

After a good pressure wash (which blew a hole in the bow) I went around with a scraper taking off the loose paint. After that I used the 9inch angle grinder with a huge wire brush on it to clean the steel up.  The 9inch is rather heavy so I held it up using my knee (which I rested on an old paint tin) and various other interesting positions.

With the steel all prepared (and the hole in the bow welded up) it was time to wait for the surveyor to arrive to tell me whether the hull needed any extra work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nev Wells said...

Wow.....was the hole below the waterline, sounds like a possible lucky escape ?

Nev

1:59 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

The hole was above the waterline - and came about due to a bad design and probably a mistake in the design of the supports around the bow. All welded up now and the other weak points will be kept under a beady eye!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home