Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Weekend fun

I was reminded, again, this weekend how fortunate I am to have such good friends who enjoy sharing not only the fun, but the chores. 

Sharing turns chores into fun and the annual Big Dig has become a really good opportunity to spend the day with great friends and make my dad happy.  Dad’s vegetable patch is quite large and when I realised how much work the garden takes I started to help.  Slowly my friends started to come along too and now we have an annual big dig.  I am, naturally, delighted to have the help to dig, but it is so much fun spending the day with friends.

After beetling across the Northamptonshire countryside to pick up Maffi and a little while longer to realise I had set the sat nav to take us back to Oxford rather than to the ancestoral pile, a car full of us arrived at my Pa’s.  Others joined us there and in a record time we had the vegetable patch dug over.

IMAG0015

Molly and Boots had a fantastic time running around helping but it wasn’t long before Boots crawled to the sofa and positioned himself there for the whole afternoon

P1030641

As we were too early for luncheon, the catering department sent us out to rake leaves and then, when we had done enough work, we were called to feast.

P1030644

Following that we had Elaines amazing apple pie and spent the afternoon catching up on each others news.

I do love it when friends are together; the house thrives as the sound of chatter and cheer winds its way around the walls.  Dad was, as he is every year, utterly delighted.

Thank you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And the group picture?

6:01 PM  
Blogger John Witts said...

"The house thrives as the sound of chatter and cheer winds its way around the walls."

How true, and how truly lovely!

:-)

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home